I have seen so many super cute Valentine garlands using everything from old books to simple hearts sewn together.
I knew I wanted to make one to brighten up our little farmhouse!
I raided my stash and came up with this!
I love the aqua jumbo ric rac and the little lace appliques they really add to the cottage charm.
Would you like to make one?
You will need:
1 1/2 yards of Jumbo Ric Rac
6 red felt hearts
4 pink felt hearts
7 lace appliques
White embroidery floss
(Fray check optional)
1. Stitch the lace on 3 red hearts and 4 pink hearts.
2. Place your hearts with lace on top of the ric rac and layer another heart of the same color on the back. With the rick rack in the middle. Pin in place.
3. Stitch around the hearts using 3 strands of white embroidery floss.
4. Use a little Fray Check to keep the ends of the ric rac from unraveling or you can fold over the ends and stitch.
5. Hang and enjoy your super cute Cottage Charm Valentine Garland!
This will match perfectly with my Candy Heart Tablerunner
(Click here for Tutorial)
and Sugar Cookie Pillow!
(Click here to buy a kit only one left)